Vision, Aims & Values
Churchfields, the Village School’s is a Church of England school at the heart of two communities, inspiring learners to become…
Reflective – Resourceful – Resilient
Our aims are to:
- Foster a welcoming community within our school and locality, encouraging children to be active participants in supporting others.
- Have high expectations and set aspirational personal goals, providing support and challenge, enabling everyone to achieve their very best.
- Provide an environment which nurtures individual children’s spiritual, academic, physical and social development within the context of Christian values, to secure pupils’ future success, health and wellbeing.
- Provide universal opportunity for all by breaking down barriers that impede success.
- Celebrate an excellence of work and behaviour and seek to develop a feeling of intrinsic reward for the effort this takes.
- Nurture emotional literacy to secure understanding of and compassion towards others.
- Utilise resources, including the outdoor environment, to best effect to ensure an innovative curriculum and inspiring teaching & learning.
- Develop a committed, reflective learning community that bravely seeks to solve problems creatively.
- Equip pupils with the independence, skills, knowledge and understanding that prepares them for life in a multi-cultural modern Britain. Develop an understanding and tolerance of difference.